Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Bridal Shower we have all waited for!

Gretchen, my sister, is finally getting married!  Our cousin (Stephanie) and I threw the shower for her.  We had such a great time.  It was great seeing all the family and friends that came to celebrate with us. 

Gretchen and her husband to be are getting married in Maui. So, I thought she would want a beach or luau themed party. But, no - she wanted to keep with the re-design of her house and wanted a rustic type theme with the colors being burlap, creams and avocado greens. Not a problem! I enjoy crafts and this shouldn't be an issue. Knowing that she was into Mason Jars (and the way the look) I knew it wouldn't be difficult find ideas (thank you pinterest!).


Me, Mom, Gretch & Steph

First stop, Michaels..there I found the avocado & burlap ribbon, papers (for cupcake wrappers & toppers) and other necessary crafts. Then off to the hardware store for quart size mason jars (vases), wire and extra rings (to make the frogs). I also purchases some wide mouth pint jars that were used for the dips. It was a blast making the decorations (not that it saved $$ but knowing they were made with love made it more special :).

Needless to say, she got to pick out her menu (it was eclectic but tasty!) And, in true Michelle fashion, I made cupcakes for the affair. When I asked Gretch what type of cupcakes she wanted she was tossed between Chocolate Peanut Butter and Chocolate Banana. Sounds like a challenge to me?!?! Off to the web I went and actually found a Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cupcake with Peanut Butter Frosting. Needless to say, they were a hit! Even I enjoyed them (not a big nana fan!). We also had Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes, and Hawaiian Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting (yummy!)

Now for the wedding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment